The meeting was a great success with attendees from all over Ireland including researchers from most universities and several key industries.
These included delegates from the official Gold level sponsors
10xgenomics, Accuscience, Amicusrx, Biomarin,
Biosciences, Genome Diagnostics Nijmegen, Genomics Medicine Ireland, Illumina, Macrogen, Genomics Core Technology Unit QUB, Stilla
and Silver level sponsors
CeGaT and MyBio.
Thanks to everyone for attending the meeting and making it a huge success!
The Keynote speakers gave impressive talks with
JAN VELDINK discussing ALS:
Several prizes were awarded on the day:
- Daniel Maloney (TCD) won best Postdoctoral Oral Presentation
- Joan Fitzgerald (NUIG) won the Young Investigator Award for Postgraduate Oral Presentation.
- Katherine Benson (RCSI) won a prize for the best postdoc poster
- Laura Whelan (TCD) won a prize for the best postgraduate student poster
- Finally, David Barton was awarded Honorary Membership of ISHG, for lifetime contribution to genetics in Ireland. David gave a very entertaining talk encompassing his own career and contributions and a brief history of the ISHG.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again in Dublin for ISHG 2020 next year.