The Irish Society of Human Genetics (ISHG) is a not-for profit, voluntary organisation. Privacy is important to ISHG and we work to protect any personal data we receive and process it in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
As part of ongoing ISHG activities, we store some personal data about our members, supporters and suppliers including for example e.g. name, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and details of their professional experience of ISHG events. This data is held on secure computers, and/or on hard copy at the office of the ISHG Secretary.
We use personal data to:
- Manage our relationship with our members, supports and suppliers, and avoid any duplications in our contacts with them.
- To gather information on events ISHG runs and processes it use, to better understand how ISHG is perceived by the community
- To customise ISHG services and events, based on feedback we receive.
We retain personal data:
- For the period during which we have an active relationship with our members, supports and suppliers OR
- Until they inform us that they no longer wish for us to hold and process their data, in which case we will review the request in accordance with data protection legislation AND
- Except where we need to maintain their personal data to comply with legal obligations under applicable laws.
You have a right to oppose ISHG collection and use of your personal information. You also have the right to rectify any personal data that ISHG holds on you. If you wish to do so, please contact us at ISHG_secretary@rcsi.ie. If you are not satisfied with ISHG’s response or have concerns about ISHG’s data processing practices, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for data protection in Ireland or your country of residence.